Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Deus Sol Invinctus - 17 Dec 2007 - 3 views

Current mood:silly
I thought this was clever so I'm posting it on here. Backgroud: my brother has to work on the 26th, which means he would have to take the train from my parents house back to his apartment on the 25th! So he wants to celebrate Christmas on the 24th and asked my family for their opinion. Here was my response:

"This year, 22 Dec.marks the death of the sun and its rebirth is on the 25th. However, I am not a follower of Horus-Dionysus, but rather of Sol, and so, for me, the main concern is Fimbulwinter and the bite of the Wolf. Also, since the beginning of the days of the Ram the stars shifted and it is difficult to align the Dog, the two Centaurs, amongst others. Therefore, I am more than happy to recognise the assent of Mithra, or Shabe Yalde, on the 24th."

Lots of respect to anyone who gets even half of those references! Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment